The end of 2016 is a great time to look back and celebrate God’s faithfulness. Even if you find that the year has not been the easiest, there is something for which to be thankful.
“Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow.” –James 1:17
Here are 10 questions to ask yourself as you celebrate God’s faithfulness in 2016.
- When was a time that God protected you physically this year? Did you experience a near miss in your car or an accident that could have had a more damaging outcome?
- When did God protect you spiritually this year? Did He correct a false belief about Himself?
- When did God protect you emotionally this year? Did He help you forgive a wrong or to see through a lie?
- Who did God use to speak a word of encouragement to you this year? Did a friend, a boss or a mentor encourage you?
- What revelation did you receive this year? Did you hear a message that gave you a deeper revelation about the Lord? Did the Holy Spirit reveal a life-changing or illuminating word to you?
- Did you meet a new friend who encourages you in your faith? Did you begin attending a new church, small group, prayer group or Bible study?
- Have you experienced favor from a boss, friend, church leader or neighbor that could have only come from the Lord?
- Did you experience a new understanding of love this year? Did you fall in love, get married, have a baby, adopt a pet or rekindle an existing relationship?
- Did you receive forgiveness from the Lord or someone else?
- Did you experience God’s love during your praise, worship and/or prayer times?
BONUS: Did God use you to share His love this year? Did you lead someone to Jesus, help someone in need, or reach out in some other meaningful way this year?
Spend time during this season reflecting on what God has done for you in 2016, how He has ministered His love to you, and how He has allowed you to minister His love to others. If you regularly journal (or want to begin), use these questions as a starting point. You may even want to answer just one each day as you reflect on the faithfulness and goodness of God.
© 1997 - 2017 Eagle Mountain International Church Inc. Aka Kenneth Copeland Ministries. All Rights Reserved.