How Can I Apply God’s Word to My Life for Healing?
Applying God’s Word to our lives for our healing, or any other need, begins with the three guidelines God gave Israel’s new leader in Joshua 1:8: “This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.”
First, you must keep God’s Word in your mouth at all times. Agree with and say what the Bible says about your situation. If you need healing, talk about the healing Jesus gives you instead of how you feel (1 Peter 2:24). Jesus told a woman with a bleeding issue that her faith had made her whole (Mark 5). Her faith started with what she said, then she acted.
Next, control what you allow yourself to think about. God instructed Joshua to “meditate day and night” on the law (His Word through Moses). To meditate means “to ponder, to mull over”; it implies speaking to yourself. If you are believing for healing, meditate continually on the scriptures that promise healing—while you are working, running errands, cooking, cleaning, driving, etc. Keep God’s Word in the midst of your heart and mind. (See Proverbs 4:20-24.)
Finally, act according to what God has said. As you meditate and speak the Word of God, He will show you how to act on it!
Is There a Proper Way to Make a Stand of Faith for Healing?
Though there is no one formula or law for making your stand of faith for healing, you can find some key principles in Hebrews 4:12-16:
1. Present the Promises. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart (Hebrews 4:12).
- Go to the Word of God and find the scriptures that fit your situation (Romans 10:17).
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the promises He desires you to apply (Romans 8:1-16).
2. Pray and Worship God. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do (Hebrews 4:13).
- Humble yourself before the Lord (James 4:10).
- Lay the promises before Him (1John 5:15).
- Hear His wisdom and the instruction of the Holy Spirit (John 16:13).
3. Make Your Petition. Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God…(Hebrews 4:14).
- Write your petition out as your Word-based declaration of faith (Philippians 4:6).
- Present it to the high priest of your confession, Jesus.
4. Prepare to Receive. Let us hold fast our profession (Hebrews 4:14).
- Let faith and patience work together in your life (James 1:3-4).
5. Praise God for the Manifestation of Victory. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace…and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16).
Let every request be accompanied by your thanksgiving to the Lord for His faithfulness to fulfill His promises (Philippians 4:6; 2Corinthians 1:20).
We’ll be covering many more questions and answers about healing right here on the blog. Subscribe to the blog via RSS or email, follow KCM on Twitter, become a fan of KCM on Facebook, or subscribe to the KCM Friendfeed.